Genesis Claymores
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Genesis Claymores

A World of Warcraft guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Raiding Loot System

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ninel

Raiding Loot System Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Now that the guild is looking to raiding we need to come up with a loot distribution system that is simple, fair and everyone can agree on. So over to you the members for suggestions.........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptyTue May 10, 2011 7:48 pm

My Suggestion.

I suggest this system because I know it works. Given the maturity and community spirit of Genesis Claymores, I can't see how it would fail.

Essentially my suggestion is a need/greed affair, with a few tweeks here and there. Priority is to main spec, which would be defined as the spec you normally raid with (so for example if you are usually dps but go healer for a raid, your main spec is still dps). After main spec rolls are off spec rolls, and if no one wants the item for either it's given to an enchanter and put into the guild bank. Other than the basic archetype stat weights, all rolls are equal.

The beauty of this system is the ease of use - theres no note taking, no addons or spreadsheets needed, no work for the officers/raidleaders other than simple masterlooting. It does depend on everyone being mature enough to realise that no they might not be guaranteed an item every run, but the guild as a whole will become stronger. It also benefits from people having the knowledge and inclination to pass on certain items that would benefit another player more than themselves, the raid is more important than the individual, but then every system conceived benefits from that. It also means that loot is dealt with quickly, I've seen one dkp system take 45 mins to decide 1 item, and on more than one occasion. Loot dealt with quickly, means more time in a raid to do other bosses, means more loot, means a stronger raid.

Hope this all makes sense, if not I shall happily clarify.
Back to top Go down
Gargravarr

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptyWed May 11, 2011 7:58 am

Sounds like a plan. Maybe announce it before every raid to prevent people getting dissapointed. To me it looks really workable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:27 am

Whatever system we have should be on the forums anyway, if people want to raid then the rules are here for them to read. also, whatever system we use, once its been in use for a while everyone will get to know it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Symbiosis

Symbiosis

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptyWed May 11, 2011 10:47 am

Great Raiding System Damlii iam sure it would work no problem at all and whatever makes the guild stronger Cool
Back to top Go down
Twilights

Twilights

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:49 pm

shouldnt be a problem like that, assuming all are mature enough to understand and act upon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:14 pm

The system suggested by Damnii has worked well for us in the past. As long as everyone knows the priority list for rolling on drops, which would be something like: main spec > off spec > alts > disenchant for the guild bank, then it's pretty much stress-free.
It may be worth considering some sort of trial period for new guild members. We used to say that for the first two weeks of raiding, new members can only roll as if they were an off-spec. This was to stop people joining for a couple of raids, and then buggering off elsewhere with some nice drops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raiding Loot System   Raiding Loot System Empty

Back to top Go down

Raiding Loot System
Page 1 of 1